Wednesday, March 28, 2012

All Purpose Cleaner


For a Great All-Purpose Cleaner
Combine equal parts White Vinegar and Water.
White Vinegar kills most mold, bacteria and germs due to its level of acidity.
It is also non-toxic and environmentally friendly. It works great on glass, leaving no streaks. The only thing you can’t use it on is marble and most of us won’t have that problem.
Now some of you are thinking, "Do I really want my house smelling like a bunch of pickles?" Don't worry the vinegar scent quickly fades. In fact, white vinegar is a very good deodorizer. It neutralizes those odors that you really don't want lurking around your home.
Still not wanting the vinegar smell? Try this:

Heat 1 Cup of White Vinegar in the microwave. 
Steep 1 lemon scented teabag in the hot vinegar, leave it overnight. For 32 oz. of cleaner, add 1 more cup vinegar and 2 cups water to the vinegar tea. I tried this with a peppermint teabag because that is all I had. I couldn't smell the peppermint very strongly, but the vinegar smell was not nearly as strong as before. In fact, you can hardly smell it at all. You could also scent this cleaner with your favorite essential oils or try infusing the vinegar with pine needles, lavender, etc. I keep a spray bottle of this all-purpose cleaner below my kitchen sink. It also makes a great fruit wash. Whenever I wash apples I just give them a spritz of this. The vinegar helps to remove any unwanted chemicals.

To find out more great uses for white vinegar go to www.vinegartips.com .


No comments: