Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Another Amazing Use for White Vinegar

A gallon of White Vinegar costs $2.38.
 
 
 
 White vinegar is a natural deodorizer, absorbing odors instead of covering them up.




This works so well! When I started using the Homemade Laundry Detergent , Jacob and I noticed that a few things, namely his undershirts, still had the smell of sweat to them, especially around the collar area.  I am sure that in the past with other detergents we didn't notice this because of the perfumes found in the detergent were simply masking this odor rather than removing it.  We have been really happy with the cleaning abilities of the Homemade Laundry Detergent, but this smell was something we had to find a solution for. So I began using White Vinegar as a fabric softener and it has been working amazingly, absorbing the odor out of his undershirts, plus I really have noticed that it works well on some of the stains I haven't been able to get out.  I usually add about 1/2 cup for the load with the undershirts and 1/4 cup for other loads. I simply put it right into the fabric softener dispenser. Give it a try! I have been so happy with the results and it is LOADS cheaper than the commercial fabric softeners.



No comments: