Monday, January 14, 2013

Mom's Homemade Noodles

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, in my opinion, is not as good without homemade noodles in it. The noodles are in fact my favorite part of the soup and therefore they must be homemade. So I am going to share with you my Mom's recipe for homemade noodles. They are delicious!

1 Beaten Egg
2 Tb. Milk
1/2 tsp. Salt
All-purpose flour (or a combination or white and wheat flour)




Combine egg, milk, and salt in a medium bowl. Add enough flour to make a stiff dough (about 1 cup). Roll very thin on a well floured surface.

FYI: I usually make a double batch of noodles because well, we love them. So the amount pictured is doubled this recipe.
Use a pizza cutter to easily cut your noodles.









 Now you can do one of two things, you can either roll up your dough loosely and slice it into noodles or you can use a pizza cutter. The later is the method I use and it works really well. Depending on how long you want your noodles, cut your dough in half and then into strips.





It should look something like this.
Homemade Egg Noodles












Toss your noodles with a bit more flour and let them dry on your floured surface for at least 20 minutes before dropping into boiling soup.

I love homemade noodles. They are just so delicious! I also like the fact that I can use whole wheat flour in them and make them healthier for my family. 

No comments: