Friday, December 14, 2012

Homemade Gift Ideas: Part Two

 Here are a few simple gifts I made this year for some of my friends.


Homemade Gifts: Cozy Rice Heat Bag
Cozy Rice Heat Bags:
You can make these from some of your larger fabric scraps. They are very easy to make. Just sew a rectangle the size you want your bag to be. Leave an opening on one end. Fill with rice or dried beans. Sew the opening closed. I also made a little pillowcase for mine that could be removed for laundering. Heat in the microwave to 30 to 60 seconds or pop in the freezer for an ice pack too.






I made these for several of my girl friends and ladies from my Church that I visit on a monthly basis.

I also included them in the gift that the kids are giving their teachers ( I will post these later if I get them done!). They are very simple and inexpensive and great for just about anyone.



Many years ago I was given a simple Nail ornament to hang on my tree as a reminder of the true reason we celebrate Christmas: the Birth and Life of the Savior Jesus Christ. I have always loved it and decided to make them for the Primary Teachers at our Church. 


They are very simple to make.

You just need a few supplies:

Masonry Nails - Home Depot or Lowe's
Wire - I used grounding wire also found at Lowe's but you can use a heavier craft wire. I just couldn't find any heavy enough without traveling further than I wanted to go.
Ribbon - Crimson Colored
Glue Gun
Wire Cutters
Scissors

Wrap the wire around the nail and form it into a hook for hanging on the tree. Hot Glue a ribbon to the front.


Here is the finished product. I typed up the poem on card stock and put them into little bags. Simple but meaningful and it is something that they will be able to use every year that will remind them of the Savior's Love for them.

I have included the poem below for your use. Unfortunately I don't know who the author is so I can't give anyone credit for it, but I think it is beautiful.


Hope you enjoy these ideas and they will help you on your way to having a wonderful Homemade Christmas.







                                                         It’s Christmas time at our house
and we are putting up the tree.
I wish I could find one simple way
to remember Christ’s gift to me.

Some little sign or symbol
to show friends stopping by,
The little babe was born one day
But really came to die.

Some symbol of his nail pierced hands.
The blood He shed for you and me . . .
What if I hung a simple nail
upon my Christmas tree?

A crimson bow tied ‘round the nail
as His blood flowed down so free
to save each person from their sin
and redeem us for all eternity.

I know it was His love for us
that held Him to that tree
but when I see this simple nail
I know He died for me.

May Christ’s love fill your
Home and Hearts this Christmas.
  


No comments: