Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Homemade Gift Ideas: Part One

I just wanted to share with everyone some of the things I have been making this year for Christmas. There really are so many ideas for homemade gifts out there. I have a long list of things I hope to make some day. Maybe some of these ideas will inspire you like they did me.


Homemade Gift Idea: Take Along Barn



For my sweet 6 year old little girl, this fabulous barn. I got my inspiration from Serving Pink Lemonade's Blog.



I made mine a bit bigger than the one that inspired me so it would be the perfect size for a horse that my little girl got for her birthday this past year. She really loves horses. 




I had so much fun decorating it.
Homemade Gift Idea: Felt Doctor Kit









For my 4 year old little boy I made this Doctor Kit, which I saw in multiple places, both Sew Can Do and Vixen Made helped me with my inspiration.


It turned out so cute and I know he is going to love it. After I made this for him he told his dad he wanted one because it is his favorite thing to play with in Home Center at his Pre-K. I must have really been inspired!



It comes with a cast, stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, band-aids, a doctors bag, and I threw in a medicine syringe from the pharmacy. 

Homemade Gift Idea: Magnetic Fishing Game

For my 19 month old I made this stinkin' Cute magnetic fishing set. I saw it over at Home Stories A to Z.


What a great Idea! I loved it and knew I had to make it.








I knew that my little boy would love it too, so I made two fishing poles so there would be no arguing on Christmas morning.
Homemade Bicycle Buckets


My 6 year old and 4 year old asked for bikes for Christmas, this is one of the things that we had to purchase. But I found these adorable bicycle buckets at Noodlehead and I knew they would flip over them.

Homemade Gift Idea: Magnetic Alphabet

I am also working on these magnetic alphabet letters for my 19 month old. They are darling ( not quite done yet, but I still have a few days, right). I saw them first over on Hellobee.
Homemade Gift Idea: Itty Bitty Book of Colors








My latest project and also for my 19 month old is this itty bitty book of colors. I saw several at different sites, but I kind of set out to make my own version, mostly because I wanted it to be interactive, unlike the others that I had seen.


It is very simple and has one or two interactive pieces on almost every page. 


The apples and oranges here are both attached with velcro.






On this page both cows have velcro attachments.



As you can see very simple but it turned out just the way I wanted it to and it will be perfect to take to church.





My favorite page is this darling owl. I think he turned out so cute.





I am getting so excited for Christmas myself thinking of my sweet kids opening their gifts. I am looking forward to seeing their faces and excitement over these gifts. Another bonus is none of them require batteries, which we spent a small fortune on last year and I vowed I would never do that again. All these gifts were very inexpensive to make and really saved us a ton of money!
Check back for more Homemade Christmas Gift ideas later in the week.

1 comment:

Luxury Gifts Collection said...

That barn is indeed fabulous. Great work you did there. Those are all unique and sweet presents.