Friday, November 9, 2012

Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal


3 Cups Whole Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Milk
2 TB. Butter
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
3/4 Cup Pureed Pumpkin
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (for the top)


In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients, reserving the 1/4 Cup of brown sugar for the top. Spread into a greased 9 x13 pan. Sprinkle the reserved sugar on the top. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with warm milk.

If you like oatmeal you will really enjoy this. I love it. It is best with warm milk though, but I like everything hot, Jacob says that I like everything molten lava temperature. What can I say it is true.

I discovered this recipe for Baked Oatmeal here. Check it out to see all the different varieties of Baked Oatmeal you can try. We have made several and they have all been yummy! The original recipe calls for quick oats, but I prefer Old Fashioned Oats. You can use whatever your family prefers.

No comments: