Thursday, September 20, 2012

Vegan Sloppy Joes

So I stole this idea from my sister, who has been following a vegan diet. She made these for herself one afternoon while the rest of us were eating the original thing. Although I didn't taste them, they smelled and looked great and I knew that I wanted to give them a try when I got home. Thanks Sister!

Vegan Sloppy Joes
Here's my recipe:

1/2 lb. Cooked Black Beans
1 Tb. Oil
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1 to 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
About 1 Cup Ketchup
About 3 Tb. Mustard
2 Tb. Brown Sugar

Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add remaining ingredients and heat until bubbly. Serve with whole wheat buns. 

I thought these were really yummy and everyone gobbled them up, even my sweet little 6 year old, who doesn't always go crazy for beans. We will definitely be making them again, so give them a try.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I forgot I did this...I know what I'm making for dinner! So yummy!!!