Friday, August 31, 2012

Roasted Potatoes - Delicious!


Garden grown Purple Majesty and Viking Red Potatoes
I have been patiently waiting for Jacob to post his update on the potato bin harvest so I could share this post with you. This is my favorite way to prepare sweet potatoes, or any type of potato for that matter. Sweet potatoes paired with the Yukon Golds, Viking Reds, and Purple Majesties from our garden was amazing. So Delicious! I really love those garden potatoes. I hope we will be harvesting sweet potatoes in the fall.


This is how I prepare them: scrub your potatoes, we like to leave the skins on, except for the sweet potatoes, peel them, and then chop up everything into 1 inch pieces.  Put them into a large bowl, and pour about 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil over them. Toss them to coat entirely in the oil. I just use my hands and dig right in. Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Season as desired. We use a variety of seasoning depending on our mood or what we are serving it with. Our favorites are Cajun, garlic salt with rosemary and thyme, and season salt. Dill would also be really good!



Roast your potatoes in a 425 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes. Just keep an eye on them. You want them to be tender but also crisp and golden brown as well. Sometimes I broil the tops for a couple minutes at the end. But that is usually not necessary.





Roasted Purple Majesty, Viking Red, and Sweet Potatoes
These are so yummy, sometimes I feel like I could eat the whole pan myself.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, they sure are pretty!