Monday, February 6, 2012

Shaun-ta's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies are my all time favorite! I really love them. I tried them this week using the Alternative for White Flour that Jacob discovered and I think they turned out great! I wanted to share the recipe with you in case you love chocolate chip cookies too!

1 Cup Shortening
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Cups + 4 Tb. Alternative Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Cup Chocolate chips
Nuts (optional)

Cream shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add combined dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

I have found that the secret to making really fluffy cookies is to use a recipe that uses at least half shortening in it and them beat them like crazy. I use my electric mixer or kitchen aid. With each addition of ingredients beat them really well until it is white and fluffy. If you prefer to use margarine or butter you can use it in place of the shortening or you can do half shortening and half butter.

I am so excited about the white flour alternative. I can't wait to try it in other recipes.

No comments: